is it data or data
is it route or route
is it caramel or caramel
is it either or eitheris it read or read
I hate all of you so much right now
you don’t seem content with this content
Sigh. <poly rant on>
So I had a kind of crummy emotionally taxing evening, full of missing things I can’t have and feeling entirely inadequate, and then I thought I might be feeling better, and I went for some retail therapy (which, for me, is never clothes, but electronics). And I got a review for So Nothing’s Left Unturned, which cheered me up — until I read it.
I loved this story until the epilogue, because of what it implied, I’m going to pretend I didn’t read chapter 19. It was much better before Kurt somehow was a part of their relationship. That’s just my opinion though.
I am sorry, I know Kurt is a meddling so-and-so, and he should have just left well enough alone, and monogamy is more stable and people would prefer it if I would just write that. But I am unreasonably hurt by this comment. I think it must be because I am so fucking proud of this story, I think it’s the best thing I’ve ever written, and it’s because of who I did it with. It’s not a crack pairing; it’s a real story about two real people — and, yes, later, more people. Life is complicated. And maybe this reader just doesn’t like Kurt for some reason (but wtf? who doesn’t like Kurt?) and I should just relax, not be so sensitive. But it just feels like another slap in the face for somebody who’s spent her life being told I should just get over this polyamory crap and stop being so fucking selfish. So, yeah, I answered the reader politely, said thank you for reading, and maybe you might consider trying the seven sequels in which Kurt and other people continue to make life complicated for Dave and Puck, because if you liked the story you might like the others. But I know she probably won’t.
I just had the waitress pause in the middle of wiping tables and ask me if I was okay. Fuck, yeah, I guess I’m not.
But retail therapy was fun. Color wireless all-in-one laser printer. My very own digital projector. Keen transfer paper to make my contraband Donutverse t-shirt with the stolen Glee logo (too edgy for Cafepress), and button holders for my “Likes Cake Donuts” and “Likes Yeast Donuts” buttons I’ll be giving out at MediaWest*Con. Copies of Teen Wolf seasons 1 and 2, and a set of Supernatural season 7 for my kind friend who’s agreed to put me up over the weekend so I don’t have to spend money on a hotel at MediaWest.
Glee fandom, I need your help!
I’m doing a heretical panel on Why To Watch Glee at MediaWest*Con this coming weekend (I think Friday night? come say hi if you are attending!). This is an old zine-based, slash-friendly convention that didn’t even HAVE a Teen Wolf panel so I did one. But I think I can sell some of them on Glee.
Reasons to (still) watch Glee
- Unbelievable amounts of fanfiction. Okay, a lot of it is terrible, but the chances of a person finding their niche and setting up shop is very, very high.
- The multiple ships. Lots and lots of possibilities for gen, het, slash and multishippers to play in a big, friendshippy sandbox.
- The canon queer pairings, characters and subplots. Groundbreaking and infuriating at the same time, but excellent food for meta.
- The extreme numbers of characters make it so easy to write lots and lots of friendship and family stuff in every possible configuration.
- The very hot main characters (in every season), none of whom are actually teenagers (anymore *ahem*Chris Colfer*ahem*)
- The very active glee_kink_meme, which assures all readers that Your Kink is Okay, no matter how obscure. RPS? No problem. Gender in all configurations? Of course. No kink is too fringe for Glee fandom.
- The Burt Hummel/Kurt Hummel father/son relationship. Absolutely makes the show worth watching, through all four seasons.
- Chris Colfer, even if you are not a fan, because he’s astonishing.
What am I missing? Please reblog.
You are the GLEE FANDOM. For a fandom you have a very strong HATRED for your show but you feel like you can’t be blamed for this. After all, it’s not YOUR fault the writers keep DOING THINGS WRONG. You often cry about KLAINE or BRITTANA because of the TERRIBLY WRITTEN BREAK UPS and LACK OF SCREENTIME. FINCHEL is one pairing that NO ONE LIKES. While a lot of your COVERS are AMAZING there are some that make you want TO CLAW YOUR EARS OUT WITH A RUSTY BILLHOOK. Like really, what the hell was RYAN MURPHY thinking? Probably like nothing like he did with all of SEASON FOUR. SEASON FOUR doesn’t exist. You do not speak of it. You have no idea why you still like this god-damned show, but no matter how hard you try YOU CAN NEVER LEAVE